Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2009 02:26:57 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        "Andreas Nilsson" <andrnils@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lenovo t61p suspend/resume

On Jan 8, 2009, at 1:28 AM, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed 7.1-realease on my Lenovo Thinkpad t61p and most things
> works
> really good. Not suspend to ram, though, which is a must for me.
>
> When I do 'acpiconf -s3' from console or X the machine hard locks
> before
> going to sleep. Doing it in the console gives no further debuging
> clues.
>
> I've searched a bit but I can't seem to find any information. I've
> read
> everything from 'suspend not supported on SMP' to 'works fine'. The
> install
> is a i386 because I want nVidias binary drivers. They were however not
> loaded/used during testing.
>
> Suspend works great on GNU/Linux ( Gentoo ) and OpenSolaris, so the
> machine
> is capable of suspend. Any ideas what I should try to get this to
> work?
>
> I'm new to FreeBSD, but have been using unix-like OS's for the last
> for
> years.
>
> Best regards
> Andreas Nilsson

	While amd64 suspend is still in alpha stage, I'm not sure what the
status was for x86 suspend... I have a T61p as well, and unfortunately
not having proper ACPI is holding me back from dumping Windows on my
work laptop ;\. I'll defer to someone else that knows more about it
than me :).
	Also, what version did you install (x86 or amd64)?
Cheers,
-Garrett