Date:      Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:05:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@corbulon.video-collage.com>
To:        bsdfreak@gmail.com
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nvnet does not see NVidia's adapter on amd64

> > ..
> > >
> > > When 5.4 gets released, we likely will have if_nve(4) MFC'ed already.
> >
> > Nope.  It will be a 5.5 feature.

And for that it needs to be merged into 5.x before 5.5-PRERELEASE --
hence into 5.4-STABLE, or "after 5.4 gets released" :-)

> The nvnet port works fine for my onboard Ethernet on my Gigabyte
> K8NNXP w/Athlon 3200+ CPU.

The latest version from Q's site works (!), but seems limited to
100baseTX full-duplex. Even at that nominal speed, the actual data
transfers seem limited to 2-3 megabytes/s with occasional latency-spikes
:-(

I'll try to back-port if_nve manually and see, what happens.

	-mi