Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:15:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Axel Thimm <thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de (Axel Thimm)
Subject:   Upgrading /stand

How does one upgrade /stand?

I am aware of the nice make world tutorial, and I am also happily making
worlds with /etc and /dev updating, but I have no clue of how to deal with
/stand stuff. I am especially interested in sysinstall, which should have been
modified for the changed slice code. I don't dare touch my old sysinstall.

I thought of downloading a boot floppy and copying /stand of it, but this
can't be the truth, can it?

I hope there is some magic make syntax I could use (like for the /etc stuff),
other than "make release". If there is indeed, than it should be taken into
the tutorial, if not, maybe it should be introduced (?) [but I still would
like to know what to do until then].

Thanks, Axel.
--
Axel Thimm   Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de Axel.Thimm@ifh.de