Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:32:26 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        PowerMan <powerman1st@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some question about freebsd-arm

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 08:22:47PM +0800, PowerMan wrote:
> Dir sir,
>      Because my first language is not English, please forgive me if I
> made some bad expression or words.
>
>      I have learned from http://www.freebsd.org that FreeBSD can run
> on a kind of Intel board. Why there is no ISO-image released?

ARM baords are typical ebedded hardware, each board has large
differences - there isn't even a GENERIC kernel, because it's simply
not possible to have one for all.
You need to cross compile an arm system, which isn't much different
from a usual buildworld.

>     If I want to study the source code of freebsd-arm, where can I get it?

At the usual places:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors.html

The source for all architectures is the same, just look into the arm
subdirectories instead of e.g. i386, to see the arm specific code.

>     There are a lot of arm-core chip such as Samsung S3C2410, Atmel
> AT91RM9200, FreeScale i.MX21, etc. Would Freebsd-arm support them
> in the future?

I know at least support for the AT91RM9200 and some XScale, but there
might be more controllers supported.

>     Who is the maneger of freebsd-arm projects? Could directly contact with
> him?

There is no single person, although there are a few major persons, such
as Warner Losh and Olivier Houchard.
You can safely assume that a person not reading this list isn't
important for the arm port anyway.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd@bwct.de           info@bwct.de            support@fizon.de