Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:49:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dima@best.net (Dima Ruban)
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        dima@best.net, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make

John Birrell writes:
> Dima Ruban wrote:
> > Hey guys!
> >
> > What's up with make on alpha? For some weird reason, it doesn't exactly works
> > like it supposed to. Try for example compile /usr/ports/security/ssh
> > with USA_RESIDENT setted to YES. make will fail on rsaref library.
> > It works okay on i386/current though.
>
> Are you saying that make itself didn't work, or the port doesn't build on

make itself doesn't work. it doesn't seem to figure out how to make
librsaref.a

> alpha? I'd be surprised if anyone has tried to build that port on
> alpha since it was updated for ELF on i386. Take care to keep an up-to-date

I did actually. I just fixed this particular port to work on alpha
(RSA stuff). This fix didn't have anything to do with make, it rather fixed
stupid assumption about the size of a "long" in the RSAREF library :-/

> bsd.port.mk which is prone to changes as the ports guys try to digest
> E-day and P-day (C-day probably didn't affect them).

I don't think, this is the case, since I've made a fresh make world
like 10 hours ago or so.

> --
> John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
> CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137

-- dima