Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 20:32:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: CD distribution layout vs FTP distribution layout.

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Any strenuous objections to folding these into one location in -current?

DO IT!

The traditional difference has been causing me much grief when
installing via FTP from a CDROM.  (It usually required lying about the
dist directory, and providing a separate ``root'' floppy.)

I'd also like to see FTP installations using the given path as
absolute (as opposed to $HOME-relative) if it starts with a slash, but
that's of course way too late for 2.1.5.

--
cheers, J"org