Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:30:08 GMT
From:      Marian Cerny <jojo@matfyz.cz>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/70832: [re] serious problems with RealTek NIC using re0 driver on Evo N1015v

The following reply was made to PR i386/70832; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marian Cerny <jojo@matfyz.cz>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: Gavin Atkinson <gavin@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:03:56 +0200

 I tried to reproduce those problems on FreeBSD 6.2R.

 1. I was not able to reproduce the first problem with sporadic hangs at
    boot. However I have not tested the laptop for long enough period.

 2. I was not able to reproduce the panic on 'halt -p'. This problem
    seems to be fixed.

 3. I WAS able to reproduce the last problem with cvsup & "re0: watchdog
    timeout". But there is a difference in the behaviour. Now when
    watchdog timeouts appear on the screen, the network is still usable.
    The cvsup does not finish successfully. When I tried csup, there also
    was a problem with watchdog timeouts, however the csup doesn't seem
    to block itself and it finishes its job successfully.

 The problems are definitely less serious than in FreeBSD 5.2.1R.

 Marian Cerny