Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 19:33:04 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISA EtherExpress Pro/100 supported?

Wes Peters writes:
> Bruce Albrecht wrote:
> >
> > Is this NIC supported by FreeBSD?  If so, which driver.  If not, does
> > anyone have any suggestions as to which driver would be a good choice
> > to use as a base?
>
> Yes, it is; it is probably the preferred ethernet driver for FreeBSD
> these days.  The driver name is fxp.

Wait one second, the question was, *ISA* EtherExpress Pro/100. An animal
with the potential to occupy 100% of the ISA system bandwidth.

See "man 4 ex" for the manpage entry for the 10M bps ISA card.

The *PCI* EtherExpress 10/100B is quite a nice card. And inexpensive.
See "man 4 fxp". At less than $60 it would be much cheaper to simply buy
a new PCI card rather than write a driver for a discontinued card. OTOH
you might have fun and learn something adapting a driver for a new card.
Not knowing what chip is on your card I'd guess you need to study both
the fxp and ex drivers. The fxp probably resembles your chip the most,
the ex will show you something about how to interface with ISA.