Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2014 20:26:44 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org Ports" <ports@freebsd.org>, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating openjdk6-b29 makes my system freeze and reboot

Am 08.01.2014 19:00 schrieb "Leslie Jensen" <leslie@eskk.nu>:

> openjdk6-b29                      <   needs updating (index has b28_7,1)
>

> When running portmaster -a my system freezes after a while and reboots.
>
> I don't know how to get past this.
>
> Any suggestions

The b29 update is triggering a serious bug in the kernel that causes this
issues. You can either update to a very recent FreeBSD stable (maximum
about a week old) or you can (forcibly) deinstall openjdk6 and install it
again which will use the bootstrapping jdk. Updating to b28 by using b29 to
compile it will not work.