Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 1995 17:50:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      nlawson@statler.csc.calpoly.edu (Nathan Lawson)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: key exchange for rlogin/telnet services?

> and encrypt everything going in between.  A friend recerntly suggested a
> method for which my knowledge of the spelling may be incomplete, but
> I'll try: "Diffie-Hellman key exchange."  Apparently you start out with
> a key pair on each end and then each raise eacy to the power of the other's
> public half and used the information derived to secure the link.

Here's a version of the encrypted telnet/ftp package.  Read comp.security.unix
for more details.

--
Nathan Lawson   | "One of the advantages of using UNIX to teach an operating
CSL 490 Admin   |  systems course is the sources and documentation will easily

--- Begin included message ---

During the last days many people asked for an encrypted Telnet. After my
first posting some people were interested in getting the sources. Therefore
we put them on our FTP server. Here is the announcement:

You can fetch the package and some related stuff via anonymous FTP
>from  our server at the following location:

   ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/Local/informatik/sec_tel_ftp

   (Internet address: 134.109.2.13)

Please read the file README first. This briefly explains what the
individual files in this directory contain and gives you some hints
how to install the package modified by us (tuc-if-sra.tgz).

Please note: the package srasrc-1.3.tar.gz was the starting point
             for our modifications. It is incomplete.
	     It's not necessary to fetch it unless you are interested
	     in the Kerberos authentication extensions we deliberately
	     omitted or if some of our changes should be inconvenient
	     for you.

Name       : Holger Trapp
Institution: Technical University of Chemnitz-Zwickau
             Faculty of Computer Science
             Chair of Computer Networks and Distributed Systems