Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2006 05:42:49 -0700
From:      Chris <bsd@1command.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   port monitor suggestion please

Greetings,
Firstly, let me preface this with an appology for not directing
this to the questions list. But my mail box is quite full already
and I'm not sure I could cope with the additional volume that list
generates and I'm already subscribed here. So I beg your endulgance
this once.
I have recently started seeing a great deal of unexplainable noise
on my IP block - 2 servers in particular. I searched the ports for
something that would give me an easy hint as to the reason(s), and
installed iplog. Unfortunately, that just seems to produce a log
similar to the logs my DNS already produces - makes my eyes cross
trying to fish through it for very long. Anyway, I was wondering
if someone might be able to suggest something that might be
appropriate for my situation; I'm just trying to get an idea of where/
why the additional traffic is caused.

Thank you for all your time and consideration.

--Chris

--
Microsoft:
Disc space -- the final frontier!

FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p12 (SMP - 900x2) Tue Mar 7 19:37:23 PST 2006