Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:30:03 +0100
From:      Rink Springer <rink@il.fontys.nl>
To:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: opinion on which software RAID to use

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

Hi Vivek,

> Any opinions on which has both qualities: easy to configure/manage =20
> (ie, recover after failure) and performance?  The handbook RAID page =20
> doesn't even mention gmirror.  The atacontrol seems very simple to =20
> use, at least.

I've had very good results with gmirror. It's very easy to set up,
performance is good (didn't really benchmark it though) and recovering
faulty drives is easy to do. Never had a problem with it ...

--=20
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
  "Richter: Tribute? You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!
   Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions."
 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--