Date:      Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:45:54 -0600
From:      Ray Seals <rseals@vdsi.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need Help compiling Utilities for Niagara 2261 Nic

I need some help compiling the utility for the Niagara 2261 nic.  I have
the sources, make file and card specs.  I just don't have the knowledge.
Does anyone have any experience with this card?  I'm trying to get this
working on a FreeBSD 6.0 install.

FreeBSD 6.0 sees the 2 interfaces on the card as em0 and em1.  The card
is in a failed open state and passes traffic (what they call mode 0).
But ifconfig show that the interfaces have "no carrier".

I would like to run tcpdump on either the em0 or em1.  Basically I want
to sit a box between my router and switch and make it an in-line
sniffer.

Ray