Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:40:09 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        hal Lynch <hal@sticky.usu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSDQuestions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HELP: Hung console

On 18/01 15:16, hal Lynch wrote:

> System:  3.0 with the bouncing daemon screen saver

FreeBSD 3.0 was not one of the better releases. :-/

> What should I do: Short of rebooting what can I do when this happens again?

The very least you should do is cvsup to 3.4-STABLE and make world.  That
will probably fix the problem.

Why does a server machine need a screen saver anyway?

gjvc

--
"Readers who only want to see algorithms that are already packaged in a plug-in
way, using a trendy language, should buy other people's books." -- D. E. Knuth