Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:32:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrew Fremantle <starslab@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DHCP and Bootstrapping

First off, yes I know the two questions are totally unrelated :)

Please snip accordingly when responding...

1) What/Is there a "proper" way to specify the use of DHCP for ed0 on startup
in 3.2-RELEASE? I know it can be hacked in,  and I have identified several
spots where that could be done, but if there's a proper way i'd like to know
about it.

2) My FreeBSD box is currently running on a somewhat glitchy 2GB Sumsung drive.
I have a rock solid 2.5GB Quantum drive coming back from loan soon, and i'm
going to be moving the system over to that. I've done this with Linux before,
but never with FreeBSD. What additional concerns are there? I am aware of the
need to watch /etc/fstab very closely, and make sure it stays accurate to the
way the system will be the next time it boots up. The thing i am very uncertain
about it bootstrapping the new drive. This was done on the Samsung at install
time by sysinstall, how do I do it after install on a new drive?

Please make sure I receive an email of your reply, I am not currently
subscribed to the list.

Thanks.

===
"Binaries may die but source code lives forever"
  --  Unknown

SkyHawk
Andrew Fremantle
starslab@yahoo.com