Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:14:03 +0200
From:      "Fabrice Grattier" <grattier@digigram.com>
To:        "Per olof Ljungmark" <peo@intersonic.se>, "Ariff Abdullah" <skywizard@MyBSD.org.my>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: uaudio and Digigram UAX220

Dear Per Olof,

Indeed, the UAX220 feature you mention might have something to do with =
the problem that is encountered with FreeBSD.
By default, the UAX220 has a fixed internal clock, set at 48 KHz.=20
Under Windows (XP), Microsoft DirectSound allows "on the fly" sampling =
rate conversion (processing being done on PC's CPU) if  playback and/or =
recording is performed at a different sampling frequency value. That =
ensures that Analog-To-Digital and Digital-To-Analog Converters provide =
the best possible quality with the UAX220, whatever actual =
playback/recording sampling frequency value.

Modifying this UAX220 feature requires a firmware change (to switch from =
fixed-48Khz-firmware to free-frequency-firmware).
Problem is that firmware updater program is not finalized yet, that is =
why you cannot find neither the firmware, not the firmware updater =
program on our site.=20

Is this UAX220 feature definitely a problem to make it work under =
FreeBSD?

Please let me know.

With regards,

Fabrice