Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:27:31 -0800
From:      "Adam Lofstedt" <adaml@visimation.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   MRTG and aliased IP's

Hi all.  I'm running FreeBSD 4.7 with net-snmp-5.0.3_2.

I have two NICs, and one of them has several IP's bound to it through
ifconfig alias.  When I try to run MRTG, it only gives me the statistics
for one of the aliased IPs (I think).

System: my.domain.com in
Maintainer: nobody@no.where
ifType: ethernetCsmacd (6)
ifName:
Max Speed: 1250.0 kBytes/s
Ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.domain.com)

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the first aliased IP in /etc/rc.conf.  Does anyone
know of a way to get statistics for each individual aliased IP?

With the above output, does anyone know if I am actually getting
statistics for all bound IP's combined, or for just that one single
aliased IP?

Thanks,

Adam