Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2000 11:47:12 +1100
From:      Tony Landells <ahl@austclear.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   configuring a big, fat ethernet pipe

Hi,

I have two FreeBSD boxes that I want to use to check the impact of
various things on network performance (adding IPSec with various
encryptions, stripping various bits out of the kernel, ...).

The boxes have several network interfaces (fxp0 through fxp5) and
so I'm looking for a way to hook the boxes up with something like
multilink PPP over Ethernet, or something else that comes out similar
to the Cisco concept of an etherchannel.

I've been trying to work out how to put the pieces together (configuring
netgraph into the kernel, loading the ng_ether module) but I'm stumped
with actually setting up the two boxes to hook the multiple PPPoE
connections into a single (multilink) PPP connection.

Can anybody walk me through this, or give me an alternative solution?
It doesn't work (as far as I can see) to just configure six separate
links because the routing table only stores the best route so I'll
never use more than one connection.  Hence my looking at these other
solutions...

Thanks,
Tony
--
Tony Landells					<ahl@austclear.com.au>
Systems Manager					Ph:  +61 3 9677 9319