Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:10:04 -0500
From:      Andrew Boyer <aboyer@averesystems.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about MFC for 194760,194813, etc. (ifaddr races)

http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D194760

Hello all,
We are currently working with the FreeBSD 7.1 release code as the =
foundation for our product.  The other day I experienced a kernel panic =
when an ifaddr race condition caused a use-after-free error.  It looks =
like SVN commits 194760, 194813, 194819, etc. address this issue.  The =
original commit message for 194760 says "MFC after: 6 weeks (portions)", =
but I don't see anything to indicate that the fixes were ever merged =
back.

Is anyone planning / willing to merge this back into the 7.X branches?  =
We would very much appreciate it.  It looks like there are about two =
dozen related commits and the diffs don't apply cleanly for me.  If it =
has diverged too much we'll just have to wait until we sync up with 8.0 =
later this year.

Thanks,
 Andrew

Andrew Boyer	aboyer@averesystems.com