Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2000 11:43:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Ports)
Subject:   how noe Brown Ports!

   Well, it bit me, even tho I'm upgraded to 4.1 on both FBSD platforms.
   Trying to do a make install of a port, I get::

   # make install
   Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this bsd.port.mk.
   *** Error code 1

   I see the new pkg-* files and have removed the old pkg/ directory, but
   still bump into the same error.  I missed something in the ports- or
   stable- lists, just not sure what....

   gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix