Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:25:57 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Alexander Litvin <archer@whichever.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with appletviewer in jdk1.2.2b10

Alexander Litvin on 2000-10-27 (Fri) at 22:56:29 -0400:

> In article <39FA1CDC.25B6316D@ipass.net> you wrote:
>
> MEM> I guess the final question is: Is this going to be corrected any time soon? by
> MEM> who?
>
> As I understand, you just delete /usr/lib/libgcc.so (that's symlink,
> the real library is still there, just in case ;), and rebuild your
> jdk1.2.2 :(
>
> You may submit PR (I would do -- just have no time whatsoever these
> days).

I've been having similar problems for some time with a completely
non-Java-related application I'm trying to port.  You may want to look at the
following two PRs which seem to describe the problem:

Hmm, I see one of them has now been closed.  Time for me to go back and see
if the brokenness has been fixed.

-- Johann