Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:21:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Importing OpenSSL

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I think you should look at exactly how OpenBSD 2.6 has integrated it
> and then report back with your amended proposal. :-)

It looks like they distribute RSA to everyone, including the US mirrors,
and it's not built by default unless you take explicit action to enable it
(i.e. it just builds a subset of the full distribution). Last time I
raised this, a few people expressed concerns about their mirrors carrying
patented code which might cause them legal issues, but the "default is no
RSA" policy is the same as what I proposed.

Unfortunately, that will probably mean no openssh out of the box, since it
depends on RSA :-(

Kris