Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 01:04:25 -0700
From:      TC <tchung@primenet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.6 won't recognize IDE drive

I purchased a copy of FreeBSD 2.1.6 a few weeks ago, and have not
had any success at installing it.  The problem, it seem, is that
v2.1.6 can't seem to recognize the IDE CDROM drive.

There's a statement on back of the CD case that says the CDROM
has a one year *unconditional* guarantee.  Questions:  does that
mean I can return the CDROM or get a free upgrade when v2.2 is
out? I rather have the upgrade.  Is this possible?  Failing that,
can you give any advice on installing it with the version i have.

Thanks.