Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Martin McFlySr <Martin@McFlySr.Kurgan.Ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how can i ...? what with ipfw?

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Martin McFlySr wrote:

> Hello freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG,
>
>   1.  How  can  i  see what namely was changed in files after CVSup is done?
> I can seen at log CVSup, but can see only what files was changed:

Subscribe to the cvs-all mailing list for a description of the changes are
they take place (you could set up procmail to filter out non-stable
commits - see the archives for how to do this). Alternatively, use the
cvsweb interface to the CVS archives on www.freebsd.org.

> 2. What happying with ipfw?
> after change rc.firewall, sh rc.firewall, on console i see:
>
> dn_rule_delete, r 0xc09e6e30, default 0xc09e6eb0, 0 matches
> dn_rule_delete, r 0xc09e6e20, default 0xc09e6eb0, 0 matches
> dn_rule_delete, r 0xc09e6e10, default 0xc09e6eb0, 0 matches
> dn_rule_delete, r 0xc09e6e00, default 0xc09e6eb0, 0 matches

This sounds like broken binary compatability - are your kernel and ipfw
binary in sync (i.e. have you built a new kernel and done a make world
with sources of the same date)? ISTR that binary compatability was broken
(and documented as such) between 3.2 and 3.3 or so, you should check the
release notes and UPDATING file each time you update to catch these.

Kris