Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:42:11 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   wishlist: wpa_supplicant should pay attention to the currently forced SSID?

Hi,

Something that keeps irking me is that wpa_supplicant will try
scanning its config file in order and fail to associate to ssids that
don't match the one which is hard-coded.

I hard-code SSIDs so I can force the network I'm associating to,
without having to reconfigure wpa_supplicant.

Is this intended behaviour? Is there another easy way to tell
wpa_supplicant what to associate to? Or could we modify wpa_supplicant
to only try assocating to APs that match the currently configured
SSID?

Thanks,

Adrian