Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:26:47 -1000
From:      NetOpsCenter <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM Lotus freesoftware

Dan Nelson wrote:

>In the last episode (Sep 21), NetOpsCenter said:
>

>>Anybody know if the IBM LOTUS office package ( Free Software) that is
>>for Redhat 5 Enterprise Server will run under FreeBSD /Linux ?
>>
>>We are looking to use an editor/office suite for a client. They heard
>>about this new offering a couple of days ago.
>>

>You're probably better off using a natively-built OpenOffice; IBM just
>rebadged it.

I can't find the files that are requires to be installed for the FreeBSD
version. The Sun website for JAVA does not have the ones named in the
error message that comes up upon completion of an install. This is with
either version 1 or 2 of OO.

The other ones are for other than jdk , which is the two mentioned in
the error.

I don't believe I have overlooked them as I have tried and read all the
ones listed.

I dont think the IBM version is blocked like the FreeBSD one is.

Any Ideas appreciated.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + noc@hdk5.net +
  + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +