Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:50:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
To:        Andre Chang <andre@arkaine.com>
Cc:        'Stuart Henderson' <sh@eclipse.net.uk>, Brian Gallucci <briang@expnet.net>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: New Firewall

I'm not sure what he meant by ICMP fragmentation-needed messages, but
yes, ICMP is needed for reliable communication and faster communication
(primarily unreachables), so you can allow ICMP to pass through but I
wouldn't recommend it after seeing 24Mbps smurfs come through...

And in your case Andre, ICMP fragmentation has nothing to do with your
sendmail problem, that shows that your connection is breaking/dropping
after a while, maybe the remote side is closing the connection
prematurely...check it out by telnetting to the remote host on port 25 and
imitate a regular SMTP transaction to find the problem...

Omachonu Ogali
Intranova Networking Group