Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 10:02:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Mackler <mackler-fb@dewline.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   using more than one md pseudo-device w/ 4.0-STABLE

Hi:

The md pseudo-device does work as described in the handbook in section
10.6.2.

However it doesn't seem to work when I try to use a device other than
/dev/md0, specifically /dev/md1.

Some other pseudo-devices can be specified in the kernel configuration
with a number to indicate the number of units.  This doesn't seem to
work with md.  For example:

pseudo-device   md      3       # Memory "disks"

I have run MAKEDEV md0
           MAKEDEV md1
           MAKEDEV md2

but I still get the message

    dd: /dev/md1: Device not configured

when I do

    dd if=somefile of=/dev/md1

How do I use more than one md device at a time?

Thanks in advance,
--
Adam Mackler