Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:08:26 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: General Buildworld request

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 01:58:36PM -0700 I heard the voice of
Philip J. Koenig, and lo! it spake thus:

> Since I have to think that knowing how long the build process takes
> is interesting to most people who have to keep machines updated, is
> it too much to ask that "buildworld" adopt the same practice as
> "buildkernel" and echo a timestamp at the beginning, so I don't have
> to do it manually each time in order to track how long the process
> takes? (stamping the end might also be handy, although by default one
> can just look at the file timestamp, unless it gets changed for some
> reason)

Personally, I long ago trained my fingers to 'time' any command I execute
that I expect to take more than 10 seconds or so.  Lot simpler, no math
to do...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com