Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:02:42 PST
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Munehiro Matsuda <haro@tk.kubota.co.jp>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [sound] PCI ESS support

Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> wrote:

> > > I have 1)the usual DSMaestro2E 3-02-98.pdf datasheet, 2)some small stuff
> > > I grabbed off ftp.esstech.com.tw (nolonger exists on the site?) and
>
> I have just got this doc.
> is anyone going to work on this?

     Well, I was going to take Ville-Pertti Keinonen's (will@iki.fi)
ESS2 mixer code and turn it into an LKM, which I'd then try to add sound
output using the Linux code.  However, I'm not familiar with how one
accesses interrupts and DMA under FreeBSD, and so it would take me a
while.  If anyone else would like to do it, that's fine with me.

> My dell seems to have one of these things in it.

     As does mine.  ;-(  I really want sound output on my 7500.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com