Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 16:04:30 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@toy.chip-web.com>
To:        Michael Dorin <dorin@puma.chaski.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do I use ncftp to get a whole tree?

At 09:17 AM 5/11/1999 , Michael Dorin wrote:

>I have used ncftp to get a directory, but is it possible to grab every
>directory under that directory too?  It gives me a message like
>"pub" is a special file or something like that.

ncftp has its own documentation... it might be worth checking that first.
For example, the ncftp3 I installed from the port collection:

> ncftp3
NcFTP 3.0.0 beta 18 (February 19, 1999) by Mike Gleason.

Copyright (c) 1992-1998 by Mike Gleason.
All rights reserved.

ncftp> help get
get: fetches files from the remote host.
Usage: get [-flags] file1 [file2...]
Flags:
  -R   : Recursive.  Useful for fetching whole directories.
  -z   : Get the remote file X, and name it to Y.
  -a   : Append entire remote file to the local file.
  -f   : Force overwrite (do not try to auto-resume transfers).
Examples:
  get README
  get README.*
  get "**Name with stars and spaces in it**"
  get -R new-files-directory
  get -z WIN.INI ~/junk/windows-init-file
ncftp>

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com ) ICQ UIN: 692441