Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:06:12 +0200
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Jason Lieurance <jason@vipersystems.biz>
Subject:   Re: Hard drive performance question

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 05:03:22PM -0400, Jason Lieurance wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok, I guess I thought 14 was high but it's ok then? I'm not sure what is acceptible
> but I guess sometimes I thought it would go down instead of always being constant.
> So I assumed(ignorantly) that there is a disk i/o problem.
>
> --
> Jason

This sould depend largely on the drive you have. Firstly you have two
different speed at wich the drives can turn. And secundly the larger disk
pack more Bytes on the same area. So it can write it faster down. At least
this wat i was told.

--
Alex

P.S. Don't top-post - this make you reply harder to place in to the
context, and do cut your text!