Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:04:32 +0100
From:      Peter Gonnissen <peter_gonnissen@coditel.lu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk error 0x10 (lba=0x48)

Hello,

             I use FreeBSD 4.3 and I encounter problems with the
installation floppies.

             The two disk I made are working fine on my two other PCs.
 On a third machine, I cannot boot from kern.flp, I receive the
following message

                    Disk error 0x10 (lba=0x48)
                    Disk error 0x10 (lba=0x48)
                    No /boot/loader

                    >>FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
                    Default: 0:fd(0,a)/kernel
                    Boot:
	            Disk error 0x10 (lba=0x48)
                    No /kernel

                    >>FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
                    Default: 0:fd(0,a)/kernel

      I can boot dos and linux from this floppy drive.  Linux is actually installed on the hardisk and is working fine.

      It's a second hand pc, I bought for a good price because the first ide connecter is defect, so the first hard disk is
      master on the second controller (with working linux on it).

      It's standard harware, nothing special, Intel PII, realtek ethernet, maxtor 91021u2 and floppy disk, no cd.

      Can you help me with this problem? Thanks a lot.

                                                                                                     Peter