Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:49:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Johan Larsson <johan.larsson@operax.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        "Dmitry A. Bondareff" <freebsd@mmk.ru>, "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Win XP with mpd

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Dmitry A. Bondareff writes:
> > For a long time many peoples discussed why Win XP don't work with mpd.
> > May be you can help us ??
> > Where I can find working configs ??
>
> I've heard of some MTU problems, some of which mpd-3.10 should address.

It might be MTU problems. But the problem occurs for example when i ping
the server from the windows xp machine, some pings get lost, some times
you must issue the ping command a few times, or run it with -t for a while
to see them get lost. mpd-3.10 does not solve this problem unfortunately.

I might be able to fix some dumps (from ethereal) under windows xp if you
want it. And of course, these pings getting lost is just an easy way of
seeing the problem, you also get poor performance obviously.

> What's the specific problem you're having?
>
> -Archie

	Johan