Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 20:29:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Burns <rjbproc@Vir.com>
To:        ats@first.gmd.de
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help with Soundblaster - sb.c

>> I've been trying to recompile my kernel with Soundblaster support but:
>> i386/isa/sb.c no such file or directory
>> I've looked around at a few sites but I am unable to find this file.
>> Can you tell be where I can find sb.c.

> The sb.c is now a longer time an old obsolete driver and thrown out
> of the sources. We have newer drivers for differnet soundcards SB, SB16,
> GUS now in the system. But the syntax to get them in has changed sometimes
> so it is difficult toi say what are the correct options for the config file
> until i knoe which release of FreeBSD you are running :-).

Andreas,

The release I am currently running is 2.0 (on CDROM) from CDROM.
I did not load the src distribution but i did load the filesys.
Was sb.c obselete in 2.0. Should I have loaded the src dist?
Can you tell me what bare minimum I need to do to get latest
support for SB-16.

Thanks for your help.

Robert Burns (rjbproc@vir.com)
Mtl., Ca.