Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 09:13:06 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   tty ownership problem

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E

On one of my machines I am getting the following:

ports-i386%whoami
ports-i386
lsports-i386%ls -l `tty`
crw--w----  1 root  tty    3,  79 May 19 09:20 /dev/ttyp0
ports-i386%

i.e. the tty ownership is wrong.  This is also the only ttyp device
that exists on the machine, i.e. there are no additional devices with
mode 666.

I have verified I have no fbtab, devfs.conf, filesystem mount options,
or kernel patches that should be affecting this.  I've tried switching
the kernel sources back 2 weeks (well before the last working kernel
update), and have done a make world.  Does anyone know what could be
causing this?

Kris

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E--