Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2001 11:56:42 +1200
From:      "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        "'Mike Holling'" <myke@ees.com>, "'Matt Dillon'" <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, "'Blaz Zupan'" <blaz@si.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: poor performance with FreeBSD and Windows ICS

:: Upping sendspace and recvspace fixed the problem, I was able
:: to get a file
:: at 67Kbyte/sec which only came down at 25 before changing
:: the values.
:: 65535 seems to be a good value for both parameters.
:: Enabling RFC 1323
:: extensions had a bad effect, after enabling extensions all
:: my transfers
:: would hang.  Is there a place to put this in the FAQ?

I can't think of why it would do that -- you would need to run a tcpdump
on the satellite interface to see what's going on. If you keep the
buffers at or below 64KB, you shouldn't hit problems with other hosts...
is this for all your connections, or is it with a particular connection?

-- Juha