Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 23:53:05 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        chad@anasazi.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: INN and mmap()

Chad R. Larson wrote in message ID
<9705060107.AA18210@chad.anasazi.com>:
>    2) Is the 2.1 mmap() broken, or is there just a misunderstanding
>       between the implementation and INN's expectations?

Yes to both.

>    3) Has mmap() been changed in 2.2 or 3.0?  If so, are the changes
>       slated to be rolled into the RELENG_2_1_0 tree?

RELENG_2_1_0 is a dead tree for stuff like this (and I believe the
changes were too extensive too). Believe me, from experience,
RELENG_2_2 works *MUCH* better for heavily hit servers like news
servers. news.webspan.net has been running from the RELENG_2_2 branch
for well over 8 months without any kernel problems, and with working
mmap() makes things a bit better (some other local tweaks help too :) )

Gary