Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:16:57 -0500
From:      "Zimmerman, Eric" <Zimmerman.Eric@con-way.com>
To:        "Joy Williams" <joy.williams@csr-fl.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: mail not flowing

>=20
> I have 690 emails in queue and cannot get them out.
>=20
> Amavisd will not start - It appears to but if I enter the stop command
> it displays a message that it is not running.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have rerouted my email so that it does not run through Freebsd for
> now; however I need to get the emails out of the queue.
>=20
> Is there a way to force them out?
>=20

Take amavisd out of the picture and let postfix deliver them? Check
postfix master file for how things are getting routed.  Use 'postqueue
-f' to flush postfix queue once you make the changes.

Why not just get amavisd working? Turn up your logging level to max,
tail -f maillog and see why its puking