Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 23:16:12 +0100
From:      nik@blueberry.co.uk (Nik Clayton)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building a release tape

Could someone (Jordan?) explain how the files on a release tape
should be set up?

I realise the method is documented in the INSTALL.TXT file, but scanning
the questions archive shows the following message on the subject. And
there is no followup indicating whether

 a) Dennis had the right idea, but gave the wrong args to tar

 b) He did the right thing, something else is causing his SCSI tape
    installation to fail

 c) The instructions in INSTALL.TXT are wrong

 d) Something else.

Any advice gratefully received.

> Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 1996 14:07:21 -0500 (CDT)
> From:      "Dennis R. Conley" <conley@eecs.ukans.edu>
> Subject:   how to make the scsi install tape
>
> Installation from scsi tape always fails. The drive moves the tape around
> from quite awhile, so I assume the failure is due to my having made the
> tape incorrectly. From INSTALL.TXT:

[...]
--
--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--