Date:      Thu, 07 Feb 2008 07:58:22 +0100
From:      gregoryd.freebsd@free.fr
To:        John Ferrell <jdferrell3@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for Linux Users article

Quoting John Ferrell <jdferrell3@yahoo.com>:

Hi John !

> Is this what the documentation project had in mind?  I welcome any comments,
> suggestions, changes, etc.

When you write:
"It is recommended that the root's default shell remain unchanged, though."

Maybe it would be nice to have a reference to the handbook.
Which I have perused, but couldn't find anything relevant. There is actually no
such recommendation in the HB :-(
The one I found was this:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/security.html#TOOR-ACCOUNT

pertaining to the "toor" account, which gives a nice explanation.
(slightly OT: we might want to add such an explanation in the HB ?)

I find the article pretty clear anyway :-)

Maybe we should also mention the fact that there is no longer a "/proc" on
procfs: FreeBSD uses "sysctl" instead ? (I know some GNU/Linux users who use
/proc in their shells to grab info on the system, they might like to know they
have to proceed differently).

What do you (all) think ?

cheers,
gregory