Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:33:36 +0100
From:      "Colin J. Raven" <duiker@haggis.nl>
To:        "'Chris'" <racerx@makeworld.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Installing OpenOffice from Ports Collection

=20
+> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 07:27 am, Colin J. Raven wrote:
+> > Hi all!
+> > I'm trying to install OpenOffice-1.1 on FreeBSD4.9 RELEASE.
+> > The installation halts - which is in itself highly unusual.
+>=20
+> Forget building it - get the binary.=20
+> http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/
+>=20
Good advice and thanks for it :-)
There still appears to be a problem however, small though it may be.
OO.org installer is asking to be pointed at a Java environment - and to
the best of my (limited) knowledge - Java is not/may not be installed. I
don't see any mention of it (by a name that makes sense, that is) within
the ports collection.
Any suggestions??

Regards & TIA,
-Colin