Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:09:09 +0100
From:      Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas.Kowalski@imag.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SMP hang at boot on Compaq Proliant ML370

Hello.

On a brand new Compaq Proliant ML370, I installed FreeBSD 5.0RC2,
without any problems. It works very well when using only one CPU.

To take advantage of the two available CPUs, I compiled a new kernel
with the two necessary SMP options, installed it, then restarted the
server, but it hangs when booting the new kernel, just after the
following line has been displayed :

APIC_IO: testing 8254 interrupt delivery.

Reading some archives tells me this message appears just before the
others CPUs are started, so I suppose this is the problem.

The server is configured for Unixware7, as told in the archives.

Has anybody an idea ?
Thanks.

--
Nicolas