Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:36:03 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using new pkgng system on 9.0 system

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:03:50 +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Most people testing pkgng at the moment are building their own package
> sets -- poudriere is a popular choice for doing that -- and setting up
> their own private repositories.

Yes, I too am building my own package set and creating a private
repository for local distributon. It seems to be working very well indeed.

Poudriere though: I read somewhere that ZFS is a prerequisite. Is that
so?

Second question: At the moment I'm using 'pkg create' to generate
packages from conventionally built ports, 'pkg repo' to create/update the
tarred repo file, and a tiny Python script for HTTP serving. Am I missing
out on some functionality?