Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 96 16:38:00 PDT
From:      Robert Clark <ROBERTC@PII.COM>
To:        "'freebsd-questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 & SMC Elite 16 card

Scot,
     I will try to help, but please excuse me if I assume the wrong things.

     If the root of the problem is related to IRQ etc:

     1> If you're not sure what values your card is set for, verify them
with the cards setup utility.
     (Its not really the purpose of the probe to fully verify the correctnes
of its assumed values.)

     If you find that your card's values don't match the probes settings:

     1>Use the setup utility to change them to match.
     OR
     2>Use the -c option to change the options for the ed0 device.

     If the problem is not one of the above, someone with more FreeBSD
experience will have to jump in.

                                   Thanks, [RC]