Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:13:36 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
Cc:        Whee Kim <philuint@erols.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I configure my system for RealAudio player?

On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 08:45:54AM -0400, Patrick Gardella wrote:

> Does any sound come from your SB? Ever?  Do you have showaudio
> installed (a simple sound player to test, part of metamail package)?

Can you give a few more hints about how showaudio can be used to test a
sound card? It seems to want a file to play, but there aren't any demo sound
files in the package, nor info I can understand about what type of file it's
expecting. The man page suggests it'll play on the PC speaker.

Are we talking about the same thing here? I'm looking at showaudio from
the package mm-2.7.tgz

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-