Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:43:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is the FreeBSD equiv of CBAUD?

Hello All;

	I am attempting to port x48, the hp-48g/x calculator emulator to
freebsd. The job is almost finished, excepting one line of code, that
pertains to the serial port. ( For those who may not know, the hp48 has a
serial port built in, and uses kermit to control it. really. )

	The line is this:

	  ttybuf.c_cflag &= ~CBAUD;

in this snippet of code from a file called serial.c

  struct termios ttybuf;
	  ttybuf.c_cflag &= ~CBAUD;

	  baud &= 0x7;
  switch (baud)
    {
      case 0:	/* 1200 */
        ttybuf.c_cflag |= B1200;
        break;
      case 1:	/* 1920 */
#ifdef B1920
        ttybuf.c_cflag |= B1920;
#endif
        break;
      case 2:	/* 2400 */
        ttybuf.c_cflag |= B2400;
        break;

	This case set ( it goes on much further then this, but that didnt
help my point.. ) sets the serial port baud rate, i assume. I further
assume that the CBAUD that allows one to change the baud rate. Given the
ifdefs in the code previous to this point, it appears that this is
supported by both sysV ( linux, irix, hpux, solaris ) boxes and sunos (
gee, only one bsd box... urp! )

	Is this a "permission vector" that our paradigm does not make use
of? Can I just #ifndef(__FreeBSD__) around it? Or is there some moral
equivalent in our tty flag structure that i have missed out on in my
perusings of the various tty related include files?

	tnx!

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life