Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:18:58 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect 8 for Linux

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Drew Baxter wrote:

> I get the tip of the iceberg thing.  Right now Corel is experimenting by
> porting to Linux.  If we bombard them with "Hey port it to...." then that
> would not be very fair to them yet. Especially if the Linux version will
> work under FreeBSD in emulation.

Ah, okay. I see your point, but I think responses which are politely worded
and courteous (i.e. not "You idiots, linux sucks, you should be porting to
freebsd!!!". Religious zealotry WILL scare people off), thank them for their
decision to support the free software community (companies supporting linux
/do/ help freebsd by association as a fellow open source OS, esp. if they're
binary-compatible), etc, and happen to mention that FreeBSD is a potential
market they can look into, will have a positive effect.

Kris