Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:28:08 -0400
From:      Steve Strassmann <steve@strassmann.com>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: trouble getting and installing FreeBSD-Java (2)

Thank you very much for the prompty reply. I'm sorry about cc'ing Greg.

Since I am on a FreeBSD machine hosted (and managed) by pair.com, I don't have
sudo, and I am not an expert on FreeBSD. A binary like diablo sounds like
just the thing, I'll give it a try. The diablo links you provided sound good,
wouldn't it be a good idea to mention them on pages like
http://www.freebsd.org/java/ or http://www.freebsd.org/java/install.html?

The only problem is that (http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml) seems to
support only FreeBSD 5.5 and up. It looks like my system is running FreeBSD 4.8,
do you think diablo-jdk-freebsd5.i386.1.5.0.07.01.tbz will be ok? Can you
direct me to a URL for the older builds?

  pair.com> uname -v
  FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #0: Fri Apr 15 13:34:52 EDT 2005     erik5@koloda.pair.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/PAIRqsv

thanks!