Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 1996 20:53:54 -0800
From:      Jeffry Komala <jk@tti.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! MX mail error

I am trying to have inbound emails without specific hostname, delivered to
my freeBSD 2.1.5 box which runs primary DNS.
I have the following lines in my forward DNS file:

$ORIGIN bawel.net.
<-----SOA record deleted for brevity------->
                       MX 0 pioneer.bawel.net.
                  IN   NS pioneer.bawel.net.

However, after I added the MX line as suggested by "DNS and BIND" book,
I've got the following error message when sending an email with just the
domain name:

554 MX list for bawel.net. points back to pioneer.bawel.net
554 <lotus@bawel.net>... Local configuration error

I spent hours already reading help files and hacking around DNS files and
sendmail.cf, but I got nowhere.
Please help!
TIA.

P.S. Due to the high traffic, I stay out of the questions list.
     Please CC your reply to jk@tti.net. Thanks.

Jeffry

       .---.        .-----------  Fortune cookie sez'
      /     \  __  /    ------   "Pray for what you want.....
     / /     \(oo)/    -----    but work for the things you need."
   //// / // :    : ---     my email addresses:  (_\_|___|_/_)
  // /   /  /`    '--      jsk@tti.net               (o o)
 //          //..\\       jeffry@tti.net              \ /
            '//||\\`
              ''``